Thinnest BlackBerry Smartphone Features Power and the Perfect Union of a
High Performance Keyboard and Touch Display
On the Nation’s Most Reliable Network
Verizon Wireless today announced the new BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone is available online at www.verizonwireless.com, and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on August 25.
The BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone is the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone yet, measuring only 10.5 mm, and the first BlackBerry Bold to integrate a touch display with a BlackBerry keyboard. This smartphone is performance driven and powered by the new BlackBerry® 7 operating system to deliver the ultimate in communication, multimedia and productivity for Verizon Wireless customers.
· Next generation BlackBerry browser has optimized zooming and panning for smoother Web navigation and optimized HTML5 performance.
· Premium version of Documents To Go is now included at no additional cost, offering customers enhanced document editing features, as well as a native PDF document viewer.
· The newest release of BBM™ (BlackBerry Messenger) now extends the real-time BBM experience together with a range of apps including gaming and social networking.
· Liquid Graphics™ technology combines a dedicated high-performance graphics processor with a blazingly fast CPU and stunning high-resolution display to deliver a responsive touch interface with incredibly fast and smooth graphics.
· Updated Social Feeds app has been extended to capture updates from media, podcasts and more all in one consolidated view.
· Universal search capability now supports voice-activated search, allowing customers to simply say what they want to find on their device or the Web.
· BlackBerry Balance is integrated in BlackBerry 7, allowing customers to enjoy the full BlackBerry smartphone experience for both work and personal use. BlackBerry Balance allows secure access to business information while preventing the information from being copied into, sent from or used by personal applications. An administrator can also remotely wipe business information from the device while leaving personal information intact.
· 3G coverage on the nation’s most reliable network
· 2.8-inch touchscreen display (640 x 480)
· Full backlit QWERTY keyboard with trackpad navigation
· 1.2GHz processor
· 5-megapixel camera with flash and 720p HD video recording capabilities
· Global ready – Quad band with support for UMTS, HSPA, GSM, GPRS and EDGE allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
· Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, GPS and Bluetooth® 2.1
· microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB cards
· Push to Talk capability will be enabled through an over the air update
Pricing and availability:
· BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone is available for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· A non-camera model is also available for order for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Customers that purchase a BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2GB of data.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
Copyright 2011 By Punch In International. All Rights Reserved
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited